I think I have discovered a scam by the Cashiers at Stop and Shop. Make sure that if you get "cash back" that you not only get it but that it is the right denomination.
The last two times I have put into the machine to get a $20 back. I have either had to:
1) Ask for it after they have closed the drawer. (the look on the cashier's face was "damn" rather than apologetic.
2) A smaller bill ie. I got a ten back rather than a twenty last night. Only I discovered it this morning.
This same cashier.. Crushed my flowers/ packed raw pork with produce / and cleaning supplies with other food. I didn't notice because I was busy trying to save the rest of my food from being crushed and bagging as fast as I could.
These cashiers seem to be Generation Y. Look for the senior citizen. You have less of a chance to get ripped off!
They are not doing anything about the missing "$10" as her draw was only off by 20 cents.. go figure. I will shop somewhere else for 10 weeks... that is about $1200 in business going somewhere else. That should get my $10 out of them!