Friday, September 08, 2006

September 11th - 5 years later

This day brought the world closer, a nation, and families. People changed their lives afterwards. Some by choice .. Some by force. Many of our friends and family lost jobs (me included) because of the economic down turn that was coming prior to the attack but intensified afterwards. We very lucky not to have lost any directly. Most of you know how panicked I was that one of the co-pilots might have been my cousin Eric. The initial reports were the man flying for American was from the same town in New Hampshire and the same age.

Two people have opened businesses and went to work for themselves as a result. They are both highly successful with them. Others got out of bad marriages.. Moved across the country (us included). 5 years later.. It seems like a life time ago and just yesterday...

There is a question on Yahoo about how you will remember or plans for September 11th. I would have never thought in a million years about my activities for that day... I am flying to Seattle for a competitive conference. I thought about flying out on the 10th but there isn't a good reason.. and flying is the best way to thumb my nose at bin laden and his thugs.

What are your plans? Click the pencil below and list your comments!