I mentioned that I was flying on September 11th. I did! It was a bit stressful. The security was extra tight. The carry on bags searched twice. Once at Security and then again at the gate. This was fine in my opinnion. The flights were packed on all legs this trip. I wonder if they took flights off?
Seattle is a great city. I have to say, I have been there twice in the past two years. It hasn't rained at all while I have been there. It is a great walking city. They have a homeless problem but they are not aggressive like they are in San Francisco. The food is great. The traffic isn't a real problem in the city. People actually bike and take public transportation. The strangest thing is there is NO JAYWALKING. For those of you in Boston and New York.. read that again. People wait for the little white crossman. Even if there isn't a car anywhere in sight! I hear the cops hand out tickets. Interesting ...
Trip was good from the business perspective. I am a bit sorry this conference is going to San Diego next year. I like going to Seattle and it is the only one that has been there. I also have another event in San Diego. (I like San Diego too...)
Got back to Hartford sans my checked luggage. I understand this is happening more because of the number of bags being checked vs carry ons. They delivered it the next day to the house.
Friday was a quick trip to Boston to the office and to see a client. GREAT MEETING!!! Then to Melanie and Jim's for a wonderful birthday celebration with my parents. Woke up with a nasty cold and slight hangover. Some how drove home to Connecticut and went to bed for the next two days.
Annie had a medical issue on Sunday night and is recovering from an embarrassing reoccuring gland issue. Did I tell you I have been making what seems to be car payments to my vet in bills since July? Back to the grind this week. My company is on the verge of launching a huge new endeavor that is amazing and cutting edge. Check out www.wearesmarter.com ... This makes blogging seem sooo 2006.