Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Endless fur

Are there days in your life you want to declare that the fur covering every inch of the floors, carpets, and bedspreads in your home a new decorating technique? Ahh Fall, it seems that it is again time for my "kids" to rid themselves of the undercoats in clumps, tumbleweed and general hair loss on a moment by moment basis. I could brush Annie every day and come away with a bag o'fur. Seamus hates to be brushed and shakes like a leaf when I am brushing him or giving him a bath at the silcock.

We (notice the collective we) try to keep up with the vacuuming, dusting and floor washing... However, it never seems to be enough. When the headlights shine in from the garage door across the entry into the dining room and living room, you would swear no one had cleaned in months. Yet - it was probably done less than 48 hours ago.... It is enough to send Martha Stewart or any of the Regan family shrieking at the top of their lungs.

We have invested (notice the word) in an Oreck. It does do a pretty good job granted. I wonder when I will resort to vacuuming the dogs and then the house?

I guess you chock it up to the joys of being a fur baby parent. At least there isn't college, a wedding, drivers ed / insurance, and a host of lessons to pay for... Just an extra trip to the groomer and to Oreck for more bags. BTW... Annie just groaned. I think she senses it is time to go outside and be brushed again.