Lunch is an interesting meal without definition. You can Lunch.. You can Brunch. Eat leftovers, Eat a sandwich. Drink a Slimfast. There are "Liquid lunches". Lunch meetings. You can eat someone's lunch. Personally, my lunch is spent most days having a sandwich away from this computer. I take in a few minutes of TV .. The news, Paula Deen, Millionaire game show or ER depending on the time. Walk the dogs or get the mail. Sometimes, it is when I finally break free from the computer to take a shower (most Fridays because of the early meetings).
I used to be the person that "didn't take lunch". I would eat at my desk. Answer email, do database management, answer the phone, and generally ignore the concept as something that non committed employees did daily unless it was attached to a business lunch. Bill and Steve will agree that this was me.
I find that having this rest bit. Even if it is 20 minutes recharges me. I can pay attention to what I am eating doing and then focus on my tasks for the afternoon. Hold on the phone is ringing .... oh it is Mark.. be right back!
Okay.... Sorry about that .. How do you prefer to lunch?