Monday, October 16, 2006

Cardinal Rule - Broken

The cardinal rule of blogging is "Thou Shall Update Often" even if it is garbage! It isn't that I haven't had a ton to say just that each of the 20 times I have come out to this site to write something... The phone has rung, my IM goes nuts or I just can't figure out how I can spend another minute staring at the lap top.

Work is very busy with the launch of our new Community 2.0 conference, the CMMC Council, and the We are Smarter than Me project with Sloan School at MIT and Wharton School of Business. The event is again going to be very different. Just when I get comfortable in my box of the format we have, I find myself standing in the box... kicking down the walls and trying to feel comfortable again.

I have been doing a lot of this in the past six years. Move to Massachusetts, find everything - mechanic, doctor, dentist, hair dresser, insurance guy... Then to Georgia. Find a job, bagel shop (not as easy as it sounds), nail salon, accent, house. Move back to Connecticut, place to walk the dogs, my sweaters, close toed shoes, dry cleaner, dog walker.... So I should be used to it. Change is what makes the world and life interesting.

So what has been going on in our lives? Since I last wrote, we went to Newport for our Anniversary - Great time!! Jim has organized the garage. Put up some new ceiling lights.. Organized the closets in the lower level so that the boxes are out of the middle of the floor.

We went to dinner with great friends in Westport. They have a new dog, Olive. We are looking forward to introducing our broods for a puppy play date. Anyone got dibs on how Seamus handles a 110 lb Mastiff puppy?


I am thinking about organizing a supper club. If you are interested, let me know. The rules are have the club to your house 3-4 times a year for dinner. Can either be a joint cook or a meal prepared by you.. Once a month, we go to another house. Goal is 3-4 couples. Pot luck is also acceptable. Bring the recipes.. Have an awesome time...