Thursday, August 31, 2006

One Step ahead and two behind - The Murphy Law dance

Between yesterday and today, I have had a conversation with a friend that once a week at least we commit to a diet and exercise plan and then on Monday/ Tuesday we are back having the same conversation. It flip flops on who is having the issue and bringing it to the surface. It goes something like this...

Okay.. I just don't see any movement. I walk, I try and eat right and then the weekend throws me off kilter. It was a bbq at a friend's pool or a couple of cocktails

I know ... We went out to dinner and I just couldn't get past the (fill in the blank).

Ya and then I didn't get the (walk/run/bike ride) in I promised myself.

Okay well you have to push me... don't let me falter. Okay if you do it for me.. yada yada yada...

This was the boiled down version of yesterday's conversation with me whining excuses on why it was a failing battle and why I couldn't do this or that. She is a no carb freak and I am a calorie counter. Calories are calories.. she is all about no carbs. Whatever - I need to grow up and just do it. I bet she would say the same thing.

This morning, I got up late but managed to get 3 laps in the park. Feeling good about doing extra, I came home to my email. My friend in Georgia was pleased about going over 1900 miles on his bike this summer. Steve - that is great. I haven't taken out the bike in a week with the rain. Thanks for extra push to get off my ... well you know.

So, I figured I could take a short lunch and do another 1.5 miles on the treadmill. IT DOESN'T WORK.... I HAVEN'T USED IT SINCE THE MOVE. Do you really think that Berger-Allied is going to 1) have a good laugh I haven't used the treadmill since April or 2) Believe me it hasn't worked? or 3) All of the above.

I thought I had checked them off the list.... ^*68^%%$#$^@#@@!

So I am now not only battling the extra pounds and the motivation but down one weapon going into the fall and have to go back to war with the moving company. That should take weeks to fix.

Yikes!