Today was the start of school for many schools here in the NorthEast. My nephew Jamie drove off in his car for the first time for the first day of his Senior year. I bet his mother after taking all the pictures including the one of him disappearing up the street wondered if this day would have been ever possible some 17 years ago. It seemed so far off in the future.
Fall is suppose to be a time of the dying of the light and all the spring growth. However, I find it is a time to refocus and perhaps a "new year" as our Jewish brethren do... See,I am Virgo baby. It is a new year for me every September.
What will this year bring me? Could I have predicted everything that happened this past year? Living for 4 months thru the holidays by myself? Dad's heart attack? The horrid unfriendliness of the community (okay well it is New England.. I shouldn't have been surprised)? The terrific success professionally? The friends we have found or rediscovered? I am not sure... Certainly couldn't in mid July last year!
I look forward to Fall ... New clothes. We already know about the new shoes. Hopefully, a new approach to nagging problems. I am cautiously optimistic about my 2006-2007. What is new for you? What do you want to lose yourself in next?