Friday, August 11, 2006

Update

I want to thank everyone for the calls and emails. I brought them to the hospital and shared them with Dad aka the Captain. He wanted to make sure everyone knew he appreciated the thoughts of good will.

Status: Day 6 in the hospital. Concerns.. He is diabetic and medication they have him on for the heart issues has switched the other medications for the diabetes requiring more shots and less oral medication. They hope to spring him by tomorrow. He was thinking about stringing bed sheets together and scaling down the three stories for an escape last night.

His other concern is that he hadn't been able to show in now 6 days. Wants to get home and bath. I can't blame him!

Everyone has been great to ask what they can do... I am not sure at this point. If you are in the area... Visiting or spelling my mother so she can go to the grocery store and her exercise classes might be it. They have to watch everything he eats and know the carb/protein/fat content so.. food is not the best thing. Otherwise stay tuned for updates. I have been cleared to leave on Sunday for San Francisco.

-PB