As mentioned, I had two goals for the weekend. Only one was possible due to the weather. Saturday morning with directions from the DSW website in hand and a quick conference from my husband about did these directions make sense. We made some changes and I set off alone with my trustee blackberry and a vision of what lay ahead. My first thought was that on this trip through yuppie CT I would be able to make a quick pitstop at a Starbucks to get my vision clearly focused.
That didn't happen as a result and several incorrect turns including missing the exit onto the Merritt. I found the "supposedly" closest DSW. About an hour away in Orange/Milford CT. The stars finally aligned and there was a Starbucks in the parking lot. However, I thought the coffee would only hamper my quest for shoes at that point. It would be a reward for good hunting!
When you approach a shoe store, you have to set your mind on the method. This was a bit screwed up since they had moved a set of the discount racks to the front of the store. My usual process is to wind my way back there. I like to give a once over on the regular stock prior to hitting the sale racks. It gives me a better appreciation of what is back there. I got delayed and dazzled by a cute pair of flip flops... hmm.. Not yet. We are here for fall and winter shoes. NO Sandals NO Flip Flops!
So I did a quick turn around the sale racks. I found a pair of sneakers 50% off. Sneakers check (they were on the list). Again not finding what I made my trip really for, I trucked my way out to the aisle of other shoes. I became depressed and snapped at a sales person. Did I come all that way to not find anything but a pair of sneakers? Nothing struck me as take me home!!!
Well, I come from a hearty line that never gives up on a shoe quest! Heck my great grandmother Parker had bushels of shoes (size 4 AAAA) removed from the house after she died. Shoes are in my blood!
Back to the sale racks and I hit pay dirt. I found 4 pairs of terrific flats including a pair of black flats made by Coach for only $62 and a comfy pair of Joan and David brown pumps. As I walked proudly up to the register, I had captured 7 pairs of shoes. I only spent $214 total. I had achieved victory! The receipt said I had saved over $397.
The conquering heroine proceeded to Starbucks for a Venti ice coffee and trekked home a different way that saved time (if she didn't go the wrong way on the Merritt again for 2 exits). Home in time to put a quick dinner together to take over to the Vara's. No Mars but great company and conversation as usual!
Sunday was a rainy blah day. Dogs out between the rain drops and old movies on TV.