Last night, I went to the grocery store to "pick up supplies" as my husband puts it. On my weekly list there was the standard stuff bread, eggs, lunch meat, etc. As I pulled up to the boneless chicken breast section, there wasn't a piece of white meat poultry in sight. My conclusion is that the majority of over weight Americans have tried to start 2007 out on the right foot. Congratulations to them. In fact, I was snickered at by two hefties when picking up my replacement "Jimmy Dean Sausage Log" for the freezer.
I am noting the calendar late in December to stock up on Chicken breasts! Ah January, when there isn't a spin bike in sight, now a lack of chicken breasts, more idiots walking in the park in the cold mornings... I am the first to boldly admit that I could stand to take off weight. As stated, 20+ lbs would make me happy, I think. However, I have kind of stayed at around this size for a couple of years. I kick it into gear lose 10 lbs and then relax and gain it back. I admit it!
I am proud of my mother that finally took the fat by the love handle and has lost an incredible amount of weight this past year and is still dedicated to taking more off. At 60+ years old, I am frankly astonished. For years, my father and I did everything from encourage, tease, belittle, and finally sat down and asked her how I could help her to take off the weight admitting that we had been awful to her. By the way, she is doing Weight Watchers. It has always worked for her. Personally, I don't like it.
Every year, I sit down at this point and write goals not resolutions. I think that is really what they are anyway. Stuff has been moved from year to year onto the next goal sheet. Ones reappear over time. I set up quarterly reminders in outlook to review my progress. At one point, a friend of mine was doing this with me to help each other make sure we were looking at achievement. Perhaps, I will post a couple of them on line for you all to read and help me to tackle.
Let me know if there are goals you are striving for in 2007.
Happy New Year all!