Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well another year is almost in the books ...

I was sitting on the sofa eating my sandwich today chatting with a client. She asked what I was up to and was I keeping busy this week. Said yes, but admitted to eating my lunch and trying to come up with perhaps the last blog entry for 2006. Jill agreed that it should be something witty but poignantly reflective.

Most years, I write an annual Christmas letter to be enclosed in the Christmas cards I send. I take "Life Magazine, Year in Review" approach. We like to keep people that are or have been part of our lives up to speed on what has been going on and take a moment to thank friends and relatives for special times we have experienced throughout the year.

I first decided to do this because a college professor and his wife did it so well. Honestly, it saved them hours with all the special students that still keep in touch with the Sayces over the decades.

Perhaps that is why I enjoy putting entries into this blog. With friends and family all over the country, it is a way of keeping it a small world after all. One of the parting phrases in this year's letter was to encourage the people within our lives to take the time to enjoy each other. Create the memories, enjoy the people you get stuck in line with at the mall (tough for New Englanders and New Yorkers... not so tough for my Southern readers).

Maybe this is the time to say it again as we start a new year. Give yourself one last gift and pause for the good times. Take a mental snap shot of your friends ... Remember the goofy stuff you did as kids. Put this on the resolution or goals for 2007.

Although we did a lot of driving and running around over the Christmas holiday. We saw 5 out 6 nephews. My god daughter and her family, my best friend as close to her birthday as possible, spent Christmas day with my whole family for the first time in five years.

You could say I started my journey out early... Just in case I don't post again prior to the New Year. Thank you for your support, your time reading my entries, and your friendship. May 2007 be a journey with taking ...