Monday, December 04, 2006

From Bethel to the Little Town of Bethlehem


I am not sure if I first saw this in Yankee magazine or a Christmas in Connecticut book my parents gave us but the Town of Bethlehem is Christmas Town USA. They have a tradition of stamping "cachets" on outbound Christmas cards and post marking the cards and sending them out. While Branny, Ivan, and Nancy went out for their ride on Saturday.... I made a trek to Bethlelem from Bethel. Over the hill and through the woods is the best description of the trip. Saturday was one of those early December cold but sunny fair days. Perfect for the trip. It made still being under the weather and not able to ride okay. So the cards are out with the return of the annual Christmas letter.

http://www.ci.bethlehem.ct.us/BPO/BPO.htm

We had a terrific weekend with the Soleros. Eating and sitting around reading papers while Nancy was coding their new website for Solero Marketing Communications. Hopefully no one will catch my cold. We missed seeing other friends that stood us up for exhaustion from redoing their hardwoods. But we will take the rain check...

Now to decorate... I wonder what the move did to our decorations...