Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Monday

Can I tell you I am having one of those streaks of bad luck? It is so bad.. that last night I refused to go out to dinner because I didn't want to leave the house with the car. Pizza you say? Well for upper crust Connecticut, there isn't a decent pizza joint open on Sunday night. I am scared for football season.

Perhaps, it all started on Wednesday morning. I got up at my parents house in New Hampshire to go into my office in MA for a day of meetings. As I was towel drying my hair, I tweaked my back a la Miranda Hobbs in a Sex in the City episode. Forced 2 Aleve down the throat, changed into something I could wear with the closest thing to flats I brought and somehow got into the office. Drove back to New Hampshire. Retrieved my dogs and gear .... back to Connecticut.

Thursday was a dead day. I somehow got through the work day to die from pure exhaustion of going back and forth from MA to CT to Florida back to CT to NH to MA to NH to CT in a week. I have to say I wasn't really expecting to do much this weekend. I really thought it would be a quiet one with my husband racing on Sunday. However, it started off with a bang. Literally!!!

Friday afternoon, I decided to take a lunch hour and run to the town hall and update the dump sticker, get the dogs their licenses, mail my receipts, a present, and some bills at the post office (I needed stamps), and drop off a form to our insurance company for the house insurance.

Got to the town hall, for some particular reason.. They couldn't give me a dump sticker without my tag number - which is still a Georgia one. I also needed their rabies certificates from Georgia ... Well okay, I am trying to give you money. (Understand we have garbage pick up, I just take the recyclables and cardboard to the center so the town gets the money rather than the carting company). Also, they want to charge me a late fee for not registering the dogs in June - Helloooo New to the state... no clue there was a cut off told to do it after June.... Town of Bethel 1 - me 0

On to the post office, after making two trips into the building because I forgot an address in the car. Mission accomplished until a Trophy wife in her Jaguar decided that the best way into her parking space was throught the back end of my Mazda. I was in reverse... my fault.. More damage to the Mazda. On to the insurance company, see the irony.

Saturday was spent cleaning and doing laundry. All in all bad day. We still haven't finished unpacking from the move. Mostly because we don't feel welcome and comfortable in the townhouse community and town. I give our stay here as long as the capital gains tax time limit. I am depressed and hate walking out the door for fear of getting fined yelled at for something. Our biggest problem is the dogs. The community isn't pet friendly at all. I will get to that some day.

Sunday - Still in a bad mood from the day before. We need to leave for a bicycle race in New Britian by 7:45 AM. On the road and going up I84 almost hit a deer crossing the highway! Get to the race. Jim does better than he thought he would 39th out of 92 racers in a Masters race. Our friend, Steve Badger got 3rd. Day is getting better until we go to get the car and go home. Walk/Ride back to the parking lot - NO CAR ... Panic call 911 - Yes Jim, I thought enough to grab my phone out of the car! Not stolen but... It was towed!!! We parked in a bank parking lot on a Sunday. The signs say "Bank Customer Parking Only" - Hello - This was a Bank of America Parking Lot.. Branches everywhere. How did they know we weren't customers? AND the kicker ... they were CLOSED!! Do you think I will ever EVER EVER do business with them?
They towed about 3 cars including the winner's M5 from our race. $108 later and a great conversation with the towing company ... why do you need a ride? Hmmm Georgia plates... in CT you have my car with our wallet and purse! Bad Mood Rising!!

Time to put the weekend behind me and come out smiling. I need to find a way to make it in New England again. It is Monday, it is not raining, and I have a great ice coffee to drink. On with life... Time for me not to Give a S*(*!