Thursday, July 06, 2006

50 Years ...


This past weekend we flew South to celebrate my in-laws' 50th Wedding AnniversaryJune 30, 1956. As I was emailing back and forth with their best man about a toast, it occurred to me the changes in technology and travel in a short 50 years. We were buzzing along on an Interstate I-84 (the interstate system was established under Eisenhower and signed by him June 29, 1956). We were driving a Japanese automobile. I was on my blackberry emailing back and forth as we were running late for a flight that would have us in Florida in 3 or so hours rather than most of the day.

In 1956, we would have been driving to New York City to fly rather than Hartford. No cell phone, I might have had a telegram at the hotel. We both would have been dressed differently.. Picture me in gloves and a hat. Stop Laughing. And so forth..

As soon as I download the "colour" pictures from my digital, I will post one of the happy couple.

More on the weekend later...