Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dept of Motor Vehicles

There has to be a better way to do this. I finally decided to shake off my final ties to Georgia today and go to the DMV ... thinking it was the middle of the week, middle of the month and prior to lunch .. but not the first thing in the morning. I have to say my plan worked because the actually weren't too busy. However, the process of a new driver's license and tags (plates for the New Englanders) took 2 1/2 hours. I had to stand in the same line 4 times to pass go... write another check for $100 and go to another line. It basically cost me... $1.75 a minute I stood, sat, explained etc. Oh.. They almost didn't except my "TAX BILL" and proof I lived here. They wanted the envelope with a postmark... huh?

Neil Boortz's "The Fair Tax Book" - High recommended read - wants to do away with the IRS. There has to be a way to improve or do away with the DMV as well. At least, I will be saved this pain until 2008 for the car and 2011 for the driver's license.