Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Weekend that felt Like a Weekend

Okay .... Recently I have been speaking with a friend of mine and the conversations tends to fall... did that feel like a weekend... boy .. not really - This one did !

Spent Friday night and Saturday morning with the typically cleaning and shopping routines. We had friends coming in for the Southbury Road Race. Shortly after 1Pm, Ivan (our Best Man), Nancy, and their teammate and friend Bob arrived for the weekend. Off to Southbury to preview the 27 mile loop ( done twice) both days were in the 90's. Not easy. .. nope I didn't even strap on the shoes! I went shopping to the Loft for a workout on the Amex card instead.

Back to the house for dinner and swapping of stories. Both Nancy and Bob were patient and great listeners to the tails of Ivan, Branny, Keith and the famous Rob. We went to bed too late and got up to get the racing trio off to Southbury on time. I give everyone credit for making it to the start line in that heat. I personally napped with the pets.

My wish is to come back as my pet!

After the racers were home and showered... off to the Redding Roadhouse for lunch and beverages. Thanks Iv for a great meal. We can't wait to come to Delaware. Nancy is fantastic. It is so great to see you smiling. This was the first of terrific times we can share again. ... I promise to work hard to be able to limp along on rides with all of you stellar cyclists!

What a weekend !!