Monday, June 26, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

Yuck... Here it is Monday... It has been raining since 5:30 (quitting time) on Friday and just awful. I know the time because I had stepped outside to finish a call when Jim had come home and was playing with the dogs. It started to rain and then pour all night ... The dogs are bored out of their minds. We tried to get a quick walk in the park on Sunday morning only to have the mist (English Sunshine) abrupt into a downpour as soon as we got to the backside of the trail. I got home to have Mr. Sunshine himself ask, "Wet T-Shirt contest" ... Funnyman.. Dry the dogs off Mister.

Here is the weekend count:

  • 1 hour on the trainer
  • 1 lap around the 1/2 mile loop in a sort of run interrrupted by bio breaks
  • 2 pizzas
  • 1 bottle of wine
  • 1 book finished
  • 5 loads of laundry
  • 1 successful trip to Macy's
  • lots and lots of TV - including some terrific specials on the History Channel
  • Learned how to rip music CD's onto the computer...
  • Recyclables to the dump and returned to the bottle center
  • Realized my husband wasn't crazy about an old hang up of his and will drop the subject
  • Pedicure
  • Three ice coffees
  • No Naps - Big Mistake (maybe less ice coffee)

Back to work to put the push on for the last week in the quarter/half year. I have owned my car for a year this week and have about 11K miles including the trip North from Georgia. Time to look at the goals I laid down at the start of the year and see how I am doing. Perhaps that will be my next entry.