As mentioned in the last post, we are quickly coming up on the mid year mark. If you doubt me, look at the champagne flutes. They probably have a nice coating of dust that has settled on them. This year with re-locating to CT from Georgia I haven't pulled up my goals as much as I tend to do. I am ashamed of where I am with my personal goals. I didn't change a ton of them from the previous year except to expand and go to the next step.
I am on target and nailing the professional goals. I am on track with the financial sales figures, proactive with promoting the company vision of peer networking. (Heck - just establishing this blog gives me brownie points).
It is the personal goals I am missing on:
1) Health Goals ... not even close to dropping the weight.. In fact, have gained since I wrote them in December.
Actions - Joined an online program .. found out the method behind the madness is 1200 calories and a discussion board that doesn't work.... cancelling my membership.
I am getting better at the exercise goal on this that doubles with spending quality time with Annie and Seamus. We are forced to do laps in a local park because of the curbing rules here in the townhouse community. - That is a subject for a several part blog series to come...
Metric century ride. Well, I have been riding on the road more since the move. I have my own 18 mile loop and feel stronger doing it each time. The clip-in pedals are on the bike and I am about to leave the trainer and try it on the road. All steps toward doing 62.5 miles. I don't think that will happen by September though. We will see.
2)Clean home and keep up with laundry - Okay well that was easy in Georgia. I had the Silvas to clean for me It was only my laundry when I wrote the goal etc.
We do try but there are still boxes around. The dogs bring in soo much dirt. And I don't have a handle on getting rid of junk mail here yet.
On the plus side, I have established a cleaning routine for Saturdays and most of the time WE get it done... which helps to check off another goal.
Goals that need to change:
Go on vacation to Europe. Nice idea if I plan to go by myself. Hubby has no vacation with the job move. Looks like 2007 for that one.
2 sets of friends outside our group: Well - joint friends no... I have met a couple of people in the park and through the Brittany rescue league. We also have a great group of friends and family here that we are seeing ... Revise to one set... See how it goes.
Goals are balancing the future with the flack that gets thrown at you. Professionally - GREAT JOB.. Personally - I have work to do.
How are you doing with the New Year's stake in the sand... Are you flying high or stuck with your feet on the ground?