Some say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, one taken at the victory celebration for the Mayoral race in my town finally (I hope) did it. I was helping our Mayor pour a ton of champagne for to toast her re-election to her fourth term as well as being elected myself to the Zoning Board of Appeals. The photo which I may add to this post .... I saw yesterday. I was shocked. Heck, I knew I had gained weight. My friend Diane and I had tried to start a little challenge to lose weight and that hadn't kicked my fat a$$ into gear.
However, that picture along with a couple others I have seen recently horrified me. I thought Halloween was OVER!! The funny thing is the last time I made a successful run at changing my habits, weight and health... I started in November. About the same time actually!
What is worse? I want to lose at least 20 pounds. I took the metric approach. 3500 calories equate one pound. 20 x 3500 = 70,000 calories. In order, to do this in 90 days. I need to burn or reduce 777 calories a day.
I am going to do this because I HAVE TO. So, I have joined Weight Watchers online. I am going to eat my own carrot sticks by blogging about the successes and failures. Today, that equaled one Halloween sized milky way bar. My success is already getting in a good walk with Fiona this morning and 1/2 way to my water goal by noon.
I have also printed out the class schedule for the gym I have been paying for and not going to for oh.. a year!
Wish me success. Help me not to cheat. Ask me to go for walk. Congratulate my success. Support my new clothes addiction in 3 months...