Yesterday was one of those day's I should have either stayed in bed and pulled the covers over my head and said, " Today was not meant for me" or Seized the day and decided to have it be an anti technology day. Of course with the second choice, I probably would have sprained my ankle on mile 3 of a five mile hike or Seamus would have gotten away or the Quiznos Coyote would have decided I was lunch.
I will give you a quick sample of the three things that should have given me pause:
1) Woke up at 4 Am with my previous night's dinner causing upper GI pain. Honestly, this is an incredibly rare thing for me and usually with a pepperoni pizza not a quiche.
2) Finally got a call back from a client that said, not now check back in two months. Totally surprised me. Well, I shouldn't have been in retrospect at least it wasn't no and this does follow their buying habits that coincide with their fiscal year. (This was made better later in the day when I heard a former customer of theirs bashing the heck out of their customer service). Internal giggle.
3) Received a call from a wife of one of my husband's former racing buddies. They came to our wedding and complained the entire time they were there ... even to my Maid of Honour about the accommodations they chose! I had reserved them a suite in the nicest b &b in town not the ski motel they decided to stay in. I haven't talked to this woman since the wedding ... I think. However, we have been on each other's Christmas card list. Monday, I mailed to everyone on the Christmas card list a pre-printed change of address card. In the truest form of the "ME" and 1980's new money society, I obviously had sent this to her exclusively. Sorry babe... I thought twice about even bothering. She called to inform me that she and her husband were separated and had been for three years. She didn't know where he lived, he wasn't riding, he had other issues, and only cared that he made the mortgage payment and sent her money to live on. ( I believe their residence would be valued over the million dollar mark). Say it with me people " GOLD DIGGER" ... I nicely asked for her personally... seemed like the "lady" had been going through a rough time. By the end of the call, I simple said... " I can understand that you have been going through a tough time and hearing from your husband's friends is troubling. I will save you the grief and remove you from my address book and mailing list, best of luck to you and your dogs." I will be more than happy to testify to this conversation if they ever do get divorced. Quite frankly, handing her over 1/2 would make me not want to provide her my address either.
Let's just say the day when down hill from there...