
So I finally fulfilled a promise I made to myself back in March to join a gym here to get back to the spin classes. On Friday night, I signed my life away at a gym about 2 miles from the house. No excuses. Saturday, I did the 9 AM spin class and Sunday the 10AM Yoga class. I figure that instructor isn't going to vote for Lieberman tomorrow. (just a bit on the crunchy side) but very good. Probably the most realistic yoga class I have ever taken. Lights out! Candles lit and holding poses for what seemed like forever. Yup .. Taking a virtual year off from real exercise has taken the toll to my waist and flexibility!
The real kicker was I actually got up this morning and did the 6:15 AM spin class! Honestly, I was 5 minutes late.. but that had more to do with Seamus being picky about his spot than sleeping in...
Both of us have started a new nutrition plan with more lean protein and less complex carbohydrates. Maybe liberal Connecticut is rubbing off on me, I actually purchased a bunch of "organic" food items last week. I am not getting on the scale yet. Give me a week or two .. The good thing is that 2 years ago when I joined the Y in Acworth in late November, I had lost about 7 lbs by Christmas. My goal is steeper this year because I am immediately doing spin classes where I didn't start them for about a two weeks after joining the gym in Georgia.
Seems like there is a good group of people that regularly take the classes and they have double the amount of bikes. AND they have their own room that is set up for just spinning.
Stay tuned for updates!