Friday, December 28, 2007

Over and Out.....

Christmas is over and out for another year. We just can't catch a break on the holidays... well except three... in my father's leg. Yup, the Captain is on the bench. He did a nice triple axle up at Uncle Grayson's house a week ago. However, he didn't stick the landing too well. He broke his right leg and ankle in three places below the knee. He is in a wheelchair and on "happy pills" for a while.

Master Branny and I spent the holidays in New Hampshire cooking, chipping ice, wrapping presents, wheeling him around, and getting him to doctor's appointments. We did have a couple of brief rests to visit with the family and close friends that matter the most. We received lovely things. It is up to Mom to keep him going for the next week until I can get back up there again.

I am strongly encouraging the word "FLORIDA" for the 2008-2009 winter to them.

I am looking forward to New Year's ... We are having a some family over for dinner and a sleep over.. (no one is driving out of Brannydoon on amateur night) Hopefully, this is the last occasion that requires a trip to the emergency room for a while. Whomever came up with the quote, It isn't a party unless someone gets hurt.... should be gagged!